BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 9, 2010

Why

"Because I said so!" is viewed as the dreaded impasse and end of discussion between parent and child. Now-a-days this is viewed as poor parenting. Right or wrong, say what you will, the best of us want to, and do, draw that line at some point in life. Be it with a child, employee, or some other individual who is just not in agreement with us!

In my last blog "Why Not?", I said I would share a scripture that helps me regroup when I am doubting God's promises!

Maybe you are familiar with:
Why...God why...A question of despair.

Or, Why me?...How unfair of the universe to treat me, of all people, like this.

The child's why of curiosity and discovery.

Or, the Why on earth (excuse me)...Why on God's green earth of utter dismay.

My favorite why is more like saying, "Remind me again." Why I chose this path. Why I decided to say no to _____ and yes to Jesus. What was I hoping for? -So back to the helpful scripture.

Psalm 145:16 (NIV) reads: "You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing." When I first truly discovered this verse I was in a "Why God why? / Why not?" funk. Loving as He is my answer was, "I open My hand and I satisfy you."

He shut down my sulking and nagging and wandering in a sobering and fatherly way. His Word beckons to me "Because I said so", and I am so taken by the love of those words from Him that they don't resemble earthly impasse and end of discussion. Like a trusting child, I have no cause to second guess the authority of those words. With God there is no "Do as I say, not as I do!" We can accept His final answer to our every need and His revealed approval and commitment to act! He is Righteous. He is Sovereign. He is a good Daddy! And as we do as He says we access what He does.

His words say, "Trust." They say, "Forget everything that is outside of Me and My hand. Look here, here, here." They say, "Have faith, have hope,keep going, don't settle, and try me. WHATEVER you need I've got it! Me! Me! ME!"

"I am Why!"


Hungry Disciple
copyright Hungry Church 2010

0 comments: